Your sump pump is one of those items you may not remember until you need it—then you hope it’s running as it should. The good news is that the specialists at Roland J. Down Service Experts are here to help whether you want new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Albany home.
Sump pumps can fail for a few of different reasons and we’ve probably experienced it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting weird, give Roland J. Down Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and investigate your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with a few preventive maintenance hints to help guarantee your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our staff will examine your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any clue of a potential mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is vital to take note there are a few very basic things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for success:
- Check the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is upright and not tilting to one side as it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If time has passed since your sump pump has functioned, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is clear.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your living space and your belongings from what can be upsetting water damage, look to the experts at Roland J. Down Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 518-417-2938
or request an appointment online.