Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Albany
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you count on it running properly so your Albany basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can stop working for several different reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t draining properly, call the Experts at Roland J. Down Service Experts to investigate the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for several different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Lack of maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to ensure your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Verify the pump is upright and not tilting to one side, since this can lead the pump to not turn on when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump runs and removes the water efficiently.
- During dry forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Roland J. Down Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of insurance to shield your home from water damage, depend on the Experts at Roland J. Down Service Experts to verify yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 518-417-2938 or schedule an appointment online.