End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Albany Home
An ordinary home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water annually as a result of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters are simple to locate. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or broken water supply lines can go unnoticed for too long.
A water leak can be pricely. You’re paying for extra water you don’t want, and leaks can be catastrophic to your home.
That’s why it’s crucial to find and repair the smallest leak.
Roland J. Down Service Experts is here to help you do just that. We have the knowledge for qualified leak detection and water line repair in Albany.
6 Signs You May Have a Plumbing Leak
Locating and repairing leaks are the most routine calls we receive for plumbing services. Repairing a leak ASAP can help you avoid expensive water damage. Some leaks might be harder to pinpoint than others, but there are several telltale hints that you need to contact a plumber in Albany. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is more expensive than expected.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your sink, or your water is reddish.
- Floors or walls appear wet or soft.
- You notice water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s damp soil or erosion near your residence’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you think you have a leak but can’t locate the signs, check your water meter:
- Confirm no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is commonly a triangular dial or tiny silver disc. If the dial is moving, you probably have a leak.
We can track down the origin of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or possibly damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the spots water is used in your home, there are numerous areas you could uncover a leak.
Leaks can be triggered by broken seals around water connectors, corroded pipes, blockages and more.
They frequently occur:
- On water supply lines and connections under the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, particularly kinds that are aging
- In hot- and cold-water hoses linked to your washing machine
If you find signs of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we back all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 518-417-2938 or book an appointment online.