Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Albany
Furnace refusing to start? Reset button keeps tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and cold in Albany, the Experts at Roland J. Down Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can repair issues with your oil-burning furnace by yourself. There are a couple of things you can try before contacting us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be too low. Make sure that it’s on “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature turns off your furnace when it spots a problem. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is free of blockages. Once you’ve checked those things, only press the reset button once. Pressing it too many times could cause fuel oil to build up and start a fire once the furnace begins heating.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be congested and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s problems with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a little bit of electric motor oil on them after shutting down your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our professional service technicians. Call Roland J. Down Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Using the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely means there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be seen in the burner chamber
- Burner runs but does not fire
- Other troubleshooting ideas don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Roland J. Down Service Experts can find the problem when your oil furnace won’t heat.
Our technicians have finished extensive testing to earn the most prestigious HVAC standard, NATE certification. They are ready to handle most any heating repair. And all our repairs are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Periodic maintenance can help you avoid furnace breakdowns. Once we get your furnace operating, Roland J. Down Service Experts technicians can recommend a membership plan that could reduce costly repairs and make your furnace work more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on energy costs.