Stopping it from happening is the most critical place to start. Doing correct safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Albany.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car outside your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when used correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating properly, especially your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe heating by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Roland J. Down Service Experts .