The Top Six Reasons to Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Your HVAC system is vital to a sense of comfort and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home’s indoor air. A lot of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they have to do without them. If your AC has ever stopped working on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with emergency repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you could maintain an uninterrupted source of healthy, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn’t mandatory to schedule tune-ups with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing, but we highly endorse enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so people often forget about setting up furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, take a look at these benefits:
- Uncover smaller problems early: Issues with your heating and cooling usually form little by little. When a technician examines the internal components once a year, it’s possible to locate and resolve smaller problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of equipment failures: By fixing that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of an unexpected breakdown goes down.
- Saving on repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected cost that minimizes the need for many major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Increase home comfort: When your home comfort system functions the way it should, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more balanced humidity in every room.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer than a neglected one, saving you on early replacement equipment.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety assessment during each visit offers peace of mind that your home comfort system is working like it’s supposed to.
- Protect your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from expensive repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can often count on same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC contract gives you access to the fastest installs possible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance decreases the need for repair service, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are in some cases inevitable, but they can get costly fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you dissatisfied, the technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan offers and work with our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing office today.
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and air conditioning systems have transformed home comfort and made it possible to stay wonderfully comfortable in any season or climate. But while centralized systems are a simple way to control the temperature, they at times fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to enhance your home’s comfort than with some effective upgrades. It’s not simply about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about boosting efficiency and cleaning the very air you breathe. Learn... Continue reading
How to Choose an Effective HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination affects your daily comfort, monthly utility expenditures and overall home efficiency. However, with so many system... Continue reading