Your HVAC equipment is the key to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever malfunctioned on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with urgent repairs, higher energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you could ensure a constant supply of clean, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like receiving an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should consider signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to ask for tune-ups with Roland J. Down Service Experts , but we highly endorse signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Reveal smaller problems early on: Issues with your home comfort system often form slowly. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of little problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the likelihood of a sudden breakdown decreases.
- Smaller repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable expense that minimizes the need for numerous major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Boost home comfort: When your home comfort system operates the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more comfortable humidity in every room.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement costs.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit delivers peace of mind that your HVAC system is running as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they require yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can typically expect same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC contract allows access to the quickest installs available, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance lowers the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement provides a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are in some cases inevitable, but they can get pricey fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to set things right.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Roland J. Down Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan provides and work with our staff to help you figure out the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before registering. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Roland J. Down Service Experts office today.