The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and well-being. Many people dislike the taste of tainted tap water and understand the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have healthy drinking water at home.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you may first consider trying the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets pricey almost immediately. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also deliver healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to maximize the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, learn what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, contact Roland J. Down Service Experts to help you find and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but some of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that lawful water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your faucets, supplying you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of debris in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can become concentrated in the water main soon after heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban settings. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Some DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration solution. Besides being healthier for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more murky water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that clean water doesn’t have to bring bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Roland J. Down Service Experts , we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to decrease water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Roland J. Down Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.