The Value of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature falls and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more often, you should also reach for your phone to arrange annual furnace maintenance. Being sure that your furnace is at its best this winter boosts your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s more about what this crucial preventive task involves and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Does Furnace Maintenance Involve?
A maintenance visit is a surefire way to get your heating system in good shape. Although the particular tasks depend on the type and age of your furnace, you can typically expect your technician to do the following:
- Check and clean the burner: In time, dirt and debris can block the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it maintains optimal heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Ensuring these valves are fully open and performing correctly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Check the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can result in carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s crucial to ensure no cracks are present.
- Evaluate and tighten electrical parts: Loose connections can make your HVAC unit dangerous and inefficient. The good thing is, tightening them is a fast and simple job.
- Clean the blower: A grimy blower impacts your furnace’s ability to distribute warm air around your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan makes certain that your home has optimal airflow.
- Replace the air filter: Clean air filters allow appropriate airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirty air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also boosts indoor air quality if you set up a filtration system.
Why It’s Helpful to Schedule Regular Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace seems to be running fine, is it still worthwhile to schedule a maintenance tune-up? Consider these four reasons why the answer is a resounding “yes”:
- Reduce mid-season malfunctions: There are few more disheartening ways to start the day than waking up on a cold winter morning to learn your furnace has stopped working. Unexpected breakdowns are aggravating and can leave you scrambling to find a quick fix. Annual furnace maintenance decreases the chance of unexpected problems because your technician looks over every part of your system, catching minor issues before they grow into costly repairs.
- Reduced repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the quicker you catch a problem, the less expensive it is to repair. By investing in budget-friendly, scheduled maintenance visits, you can avoid costly, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Maximize your furnace’s service life: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives routine tune-ups will most likely last longer than an unattended heating system. Annual maintenance helps prevent the expense of premature furnace replacement by increasing your system’s life span.
- Increase energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system operates more efficiently. When all the parts are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your residence warm. This reduces your energy bills and cuts down your environmental impact.
- Better indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air intensifies allergies and respiratory diseases. The air filter in your furnace catches dust, pollen and other airborne irritants to reduce these issues. During a maintenance tune-up, the HVAC tech will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air circulates through your home.
- Promotes safety: A malfunctioning furnace is not only inefficient, there’s a chance it also might be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or broken gas valves can lead to potentially deadly carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has been inspected for any possible safety issues should give you a sense of comfort this winter.
When Should You Plan Your Maintenance Visit?
To reap the most benefits, it’s best to schedule annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill sets in. This is a way to make sure any issues are resolved before you begin relying heavily on your heating system.
Do-It-Yourself Furnace Maintenance Between Formal Visits
While professional maintenance is vital, you can do several tasks yourself so that your furnace runs smoothly between visits:
- Change the air filter every 30 to 90 days to optimize airflow.
- Be sure that the home’s return and supply registers are open and unobstructed for system balance.
- Vacuum the surface of the furnace with the brush attachment to make sure it stays clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance visit, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a heating and cooling team you can trust. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting solutions to all your furnace and air conditioning issues. We’re proud to deliver solutions to our community and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in your life and sense of comfort. We even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee to put your mind at ease. To make sure your furnace is ready for cold weather, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and air conditioning systems have transformed home comfort and made it possible to stay wonderfully comfortable in any season or climate. But while centralized systems are a simple way to control the temperature, they at times fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated... Continue reading
Eight Common Heating Fallacies Debunked
There are plenty of myths out there about home heating that create confusion and inefficient furnace use. It’s time to clear up these common misconceptions. Here, the heating authorities at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing debunk the eight most common myths to keep your... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to enhance your home’s comfort than with some effective upgrades. It’s not simply about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about boosting efficiency and cleaning the very air you breathe. Learn... Continue reading