Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Albany, you may be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some points to consider, as well as the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the correct amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. An updated air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Roland J. Down Service Experts , can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the right recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your wallet if you replace both systems together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any big immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system stops working. You can skip the band-aid patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the highest efficiency, making your home cozier and lowering your long-term utility expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at once. And you could even qualify for a special deal as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Roland J. Down Service Experts . We get the expense of replacing your full system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 518-417-2938 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.