Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Albany, you could be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some points to consider, as well as the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and increases comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A modern air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Roland J. Down Service Experts , can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the right recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you replace both systems together.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can skip the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your home cozier and lowering your long-term utility expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both replaced at once. And you could even be eligible for a discount as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Roland J. Down Service Experts . We know the expense of replacing your full system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and just one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 518-417-2938 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.