Summer is usually a hectic time of year for many people in Albany. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any variety of other fun activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Albany heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Albany heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Roland J. Down Service Experts a call at 518-417-2938 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Albany heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Albany temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than usual. It can help you cool down a bit sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.