There are a lot of vapors that could be within your Albany residence. Natural gas and fumes that originate from residential furnishings, flooring and paints. None of them are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Reach Roland J. Down Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 518-417-2938 now to start defending your home against this harmful gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?
Carbon monoxide may be a serious issue, so it’s not a matter to mess around with.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you can’t observe it, smell it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in small doses and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Lethal After Only Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of burnt fuel. It can leak into your home during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Based on how big the leak is and the airflow in a residence, it can become lethal in only a few minutes.
Once inhaled, carbon monoxide has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are taking in pure air, you will need five hours to get it out of your system. You will need another five hours to decrease that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Resemble Other Illnesses
It can also mimic illnesses that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.
How to Defend Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some things you can do to keep your family safe:
- Every home with at least one gas heater, attached garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide system. It’s necessary to have a detector on each level of your home, on top of the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of all bedrooms. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
Call Roland J. Down Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 518-417-2938 to buy one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
- If you currently use a carbon monoxide system, regularly test or replace the batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and get a new system every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, exit your home without delay and phone 911.
Protect Your Family with Assistance from Roland J. Down Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your home can be guarded from the toxic gas. Make the proper changes and call Roland J. Down Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 518-417-2938 to learn more.