It’s frosty outside. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks by exterior walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Roland J. Down Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.