Planning annual AC maintenance is helpful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioning system in Albany operating at peak performance while keeping electricity usage down. It also can even help prolong its life span.
While there are a couple things you can do alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Roland J. Down Service Experts , for AC inspections and service.
Here are several steps you can take alone as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Set
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that involves a large amount of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is a great time of year to get your air conditioning system freshened and inspected. Hesitating to flip it on until the first warm day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to have repair or installation, you could be waiting awhile for a technician. And that could become awfully uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a clean cooling system will help assure the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner maintenance might be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance on My Own?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your AC unit in the top order:
- Put in a new air filter suggests each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn upkeep by the exterior condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your equipment, as this may block airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Roland J. Down Service Experts at 518-417-2938, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our Experts begin the nitty gritty. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver reliable cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to eliminate any accumulation from dirt and vegetation.
- Checking controls to make sure your unit is switching on, running and shutting off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to establish your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that involve further work, we are ready to give you the most cost-effective option. Locating possible issues in a timely manner might solve more expensive troubles in the future. This also provides you time to plan if your AC is getting outdated.
When you are looking for an updated air conditioner to help make your new unit fit your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to request your tune-up? Contact us at 518-417-2938 or schedule an appointment online now.