Planning annual AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioning system in Albany running at peak performance while keeping electricity usage small. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are several jobs you can do by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Roland J. Down Service Experts , for AC inspections and service.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that entails a big portion of home, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your cooling system scrubbed and inspected. Delaying to flip it on until the first warm day of the year can be risky. If you have to have repair or a new unit, you could be waiting awhile for a technician. And that may become awfully uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a clean air conditioning system will help assure the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner maintenance might be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service Alone?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your AC unit in the top order:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and may decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very crucial if you suffer from allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn maintenance by the exterior condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your equipment, as this may block airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Roland J. Down Service Experts at 518-417-2938, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our pros begin the nitty gritty. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially avoid problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to eliminate any blockage from dust and vegetation.
- Checking controls to make sure your unit is switching on, running and shutting off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to establish your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that involve further service, we are set to give you the most economical option. Locating likely issues promptly might solve more expensive issues in the future. This also offers you time to plan if your AC is getting outdated.
When you are looking for an updated air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to select the best solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to book your tune-up? Contact us at 518-417-2938 or schedule an appointment online now.