We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to share common furnace and heating issues Albany homeowners often call Roland J. Down Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning about. Although there are potentially hundreds of reasons why your Albany home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Here are the top five complications that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat malfunctions causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Airflow problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Old and clogged filters which develops airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in sporadic or no heat
5. Lack of regular service may cause unanticipated breakdowns, poor comfort or higher energy costs (plus a lot of homeowner frustration!)
All of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Roland J. Down Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can quickly diagnose the problem area and make the needed repairs. Purchasing a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from almost all heating problems that leaves your home with no heat or low comfort levels. With a proper tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they run correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Vital items like Carbon Monoxide checks, ample combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also primary elements to the tune-up process. Don’t forget – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact Roland J. Down Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning of Albany at 518-417-2938 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.