Spring is wonderful for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for crisp air and your utility bill is generally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your heating or cooling.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy costs. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Albany and keeping bills low.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power expenses low.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in newer cooling systems is an obvious plus in keeping your electricity charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Figuring out how to effectively use your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the lower your home comfort bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and change the temp when you’re gone to help you save money. You can also change the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills down. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 518-417-2938 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right solution for your space. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.