Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for crisp air and your energy bill is generally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or cooling.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Albany and keeping costs low.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power charges down.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in newer cooling systems is an obvious plus in keeping your energy bill down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to efficiently use your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the lower your home comfort bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can do a few other methods to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and change the temp when you’re gone to help you save on your bills. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills down. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 518-417-2938 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the best solution for your space. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.