4 Tips for Saving Energy in Albany This Summer
Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your power bill is normally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning on your heat or cooling.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of tips for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping costs lower.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility bills down.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to update it. The energy-saving options in updated cooling systems is a big benefit for keeping your utility bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to effectively schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to cut down on energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the lower your energy cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Experiment with Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can turn to a few other methods to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also change the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy expenses low. If you think it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the correct fit for your home. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
Zoning Systems: Customized Comfort in Every Room
Central heating and air conditioning systems have transformed home comfort and made it possible to stay wonderfully comfortable in any season or climate. But while centralized systems are a simple way to control the temperature, they at times fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated... Continue reading
Eight Ways to Upgrade Your HVAC System
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to enhance your home’s comfort than with some effective upgrades. It’s not simply about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about boosting efficiency and cleaning the very air you breathe. Learn... Continue reading
How to Choose an Effective HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This determination affects your daily comfort, monthly utility expenditures and overall home efficiency. However, with so many system... Continue reading