When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is normally near the top of many people’s needs in Albany. A tankless water heater is a good option for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for a later time, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy expenses. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use later on, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you can with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continual supply of hot water. They are compact in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water goes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you end up with hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—specifically for bigger households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to accommodate a handful of uses at once. One of our specialists will help you determine what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people choose to install a separate tankless water heater that’s chosen for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, most homes in the Albany area do just fine with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the perks of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifecycle of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifespan of a normal tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get improved energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Roland J. Down Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater added to your Albany home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs, 24/7/365. Give our team a call at 518-417-2938
or request an appointment with us online.