According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The average cost of sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Roland J. Down Service Experts can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly in place to prevent sewer backups. A lot of homeowners in Albany don’t realize they are accountable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Roland J. Down Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the knowledge, training and proficiency to take care of everything and anything related to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Popular Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is the cause of your sewer to fail or clog, don’t hesitate to contact us at 518-417-2938
the second you notice a problem to evade as much, maybe costly, destruction to your home and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are disposing of trash the right way.
- Pouring grease down your drain will create a buildup in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper products excluding toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) down the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Roland J. Down Service Experts install and maintain a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Roland J. Down Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if discovered. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will usually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Roland J. Down Service Experts today at 518-417-2938
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.