Gas Line Repair from the Experts in Albany

If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.

Signs of a gas leak may include the following:

  • The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
  • Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances connected to the gas line, such as gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
  • Dead or yellowed grass, plants or other vegetation
  • People inside the home having symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are worried they are caused by a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.

Sometimes the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in most scenarios the homeowner is on the hook. Luck for you, the experts at Roland J. Down Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is covered with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!

GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.

While there are a lot of projects around the house that homeowners want to take on by themselves, gas line repair needs to be left up to the professionals. It is the only way to ensure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Albany codes.

From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to repairing gas lines for a heater in your garage, Roland J. Down Service Experts’s expertise have allowed us to do a host of gas line projects in the Albany community, so no job is too big or too small for our experts.

Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety

As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are worried about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are coming your way, call your utility company.

Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Roland J. Down Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.

Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have a smell and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends the following steps to lower exposure to carbon monoxide:
  • Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
  • Invest in and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
  • Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
  • Have a trained professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and take care of any leaks right away.
For more pointers on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, look at our blog.
 
Schedule an Appointment
gas line repair